Salary: per annum
Contract Type: perm
Job Type: fulltime
Logistics & Transportation
Posted 1 minute ago
12noon-8.30pm OR 1.30pm-10pm shift
As a Transport Planner working on the afternoon shift your main duties would be to amend and keep up to date the route plans for approximately 30 vehicles according to any plan or order changes that may come about. This role is also responsible for the driver debrief desk for drivers returning from their daily routes.
• Planning utilisation and routing for all vehicles, ensuring all on time collections and deliveries
• Maximise vehicle/driver utilisation and efficiency
• Ability to prioritise and change routes as and when required
• Processing collections and deliveries on an internal system
• Compliance with all ‘O’ licence requirements and all relevant legislation and best practice
• Manage and control of picked orders into Ireland and 3rd networks.
• Other related relevant operational actively as required
• Development, monitoring and reporting on KPIs related to service delivery and customer satisfaction.
• Effective daily Management of vehicle and driver resource, including holiday and absence cover.
• Manage customer escalations and requests to ensure efficient resolution by collaborating with operational departments.
• Review service delivery failures and produce incident reports when required.
• Develop and maintain effective driver relations, through detailed pre and post driver debriefs
• Ensure the department’s compliance requirements for H&S.
• Provide a “can do” attitude to customers and stakeholders ensuring any delivery issues are communicated to them accordingly.
• Monitor the use of Sub contractors and agency workers where appropriate.
• Dealing with telephone enquiries from customers, drivers and colleagues
• Strong geographical knowledge of the UK
• Must be familiar with automated transport routing systems, as well as manual process planning
• Previous transport planning experience
• Strong IT skills
• Ability to work under pressure in busy, fast paced environment
• Team player with a hands on approach
• Proactive approach to problem solving
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Ability to communicate well with people at all levels within the Organisation
• Attention to detail and excellent organisation skills
• Flexible and positive in their approach
• Experience within the Logistics sector.