Salary: 32k pa
Contract Type: perm
Job Type: fulltime
Manufacturing & Production
Posted 1 minute ago
Job Title: Toolmaker
Salary: £37k pa
Hours: Week 1 06:00-14:00
Week 2 1:45-12:00 Mon-Wed, 1:45-10:30 Thurs.
Our client were founded in Birmingham 1932, they re-located to Droitwich in 1950 and settled into current facilities and brought into a new business as a 2nd Manufacturing site within the group and work alongside their North American plant in Chicago.
The company is a global Distributor of Integrated supply chain solutions, and engineering support focused on delivering fasteners, components, Industrial and safety supplies to customers around the world.
Our client is searching for an Experienced Toolmaker for the Production and repair of Cold Forging Tool Sets.
This position reports to the Tooling & Design Manager.
- Manufacture and fitting of production tooling to very tight tolerances
- Use of and daily maintenance of all tool room equipment, conventional lathes, milling machines, surface and cylindrical grinders, hydraulic presses
- Possible use of CNC, VMC and EDMs, bar-feed lathe including setting, programming and operating
- Self-certification of work in accordance with the Quality and Continual Improvement commitment
- To assist management and staff in the identification and introduction of all reasonable measures to improve productivity, quality and working methods and conditions as part of the continual improvement and TQM programmes.
- Maintain high production rates of items with consistently high levels of accuracy and quality in line with Company requirements.
- Must work with minimum supervision within overall team structure.
- Ensure that you fully understand your work requirements and duties and highlight any training needs and requirements to enable you to undertake your duties
Do you have any of the following competencies
- Strategic Vision
- Building organizational capacity
- Results driven
- Embrace change
- Collaboration and Influence
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Customer value and Market focus
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Accurate machining on lathes, surface and cylindrical grinders and milling machines.
- Understanding and reading Engineering drawings to BS 308.
- Fault detection.
- (Verbal & written)
- GCSE (or equivalent) Grade 4 or above in: Mathematics & English
- Preferred – OND or ONC Engineering (Mechanical/Production/Manufacturing or equivalent)
- Preferred – Nationally recognised apprenticeship.
- Preferred – NVQ Level 2 or above in relevant discipline.
Workforce Manufacturing are responsible for thousands of temporary, temp-to-perm and permanent vacancies across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area and are likely to have an office right near you. Our team offer a unique service tailored to match your precise needs, and can assist you with the following job categories, Quality Engineers, Design Engineers, Project Managers and Production Mangers . We are always on the lookout for the best talent, so if you know anyone please do get in touch