Salary: £35k + OT + Benefits + Vehicle
Contract Type: perm
Job Type: fulltime
Engineering,Manufacturing & Production
Posted 1 minute ago
Job Title: Technical Service Specialist
Reports to: Technical Service Manager
What’s on Offer?
- £35,000 Salary (depending on experience).
- Company vehicle
- 25 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays)
- Working hours:
- Monday-Friday 08:45am-17:00pm
- Some working outside these hours (Mon-Fri), may be required at times
- Pension (applicable after the qualifying period).
- Life assurance (4x salary)
As an integral part of the Technical team, this is primarily a field based customer facing role, working alongside the Technical Service Manager to provide a service and support function for both our UK customers and our UK sales team. On a daily basis you will be visiting a range of our larger customers, from different industry sectors across the UK to conduct scheduled service calls and to respond to the needs of these customers. The ideal person will be solution led and have a strong background in a customer facing / field based Engineering support role. Coupled with a desire to win and succeed, your role will support the company in its drive to deliver sustainable long-term profit growth.
- Installation of Chemical Dosing systems.
- General Servicing of chemical dosing equipment installed at UK wide customers, including making general operational alterations to this equipment and ensuring documentation is up to date.
- Carrying out in the field titrations and coolant concentrations at our metal working customers.
- Responsible for our dip slide analysis programme – scheduling sample collection, liaising with our on-site laboratory, communicating results to our customers and sales teams.
- Carrying out customer line trials alongside the commercial team from SME’s to OEM level, specifically the ‘Gramos’ product range (i.e. process improvements, TAKrags and Water treatment trials).
- Offering technical assistance to clients and our UK sales teams.
- Manage priorities and projects.
- Work with and build good working relationships with internal and external teams.
- Although predominately a field-based role, working from our plant in Smethwick, will be necessary from time to time.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Previous experience working in Technical Service i.e. Servicing Repair & Maintenance or working in Technical Sales role
- Experience of ‘Water treatment’ would be desirable
- Ideally based in commutable distance of Birmingham
- Strong communication (verbal & written) skills
- Relationship-building skills
- Professional and trustworthy
- Ability to work on own
- Excellent computer skills
- A full, clean UK Driving licence