Salary: 30-35k pa
Contract Type: perm
Job Type: fulltime
PostCode: B19 3DP
Manufacturing & Production
Posted 1 minute ago
Job Title: Structual Design Engineer
Salary: £30-35k pa
Our client is a leading Structual Design Manufacturer based in the Birmingham Area.
What’s in it for you?
- Reputable Company
- Refer a friend scheme.
- 25 days plus Bank holidays
Day to Day duties will include the following:
- Technical liaison with Architects, Engineers, specifies, contractor and approved installers on all design and technical issues.
- Provide in depth knowledge of building physics relevant to market sectors, keeping abreast of all technical and product evolution issues. Ensure the company is able to respond to technical advancements within the industry. To facilitate this maintain the knowledge bank structure
- Brief and work with designers to ensure that the engineer’s schemes are correctly interpreted
- Keep the manager informed of changing situations and progress in achieving tasks and respond promptly to requests for information both internally and externally.
- Drive a culture which addresses the root cause analysis of Engineering related ENCR’s.
- Review and interpret technical drawings. Check drawings and calculations produced by others.
- Use and develop design tools in various software packages to increase efficiency.
- Sharing experience and knowledge and putting forward improvements.
As a person you will need the following qualities and experience:
- Demonstrate sound reasoning, engineering judgement and problem solving skills
- Be aware of the requirement to work as part of a team. Adopt a flexible approach to workload whilst demonstrating a willingness to take on additional work.
- Deliver administrative records on time and up to date.
- Clearly and concisely express key issues at a level that suits the listener and confidently handle challenges or unexpected issues.
- Participation in training and social activities inside and outside the working day and office.
- Contribution to the “character” of the company by conducting yourself in a professional and helpful manner. To develop strong and collaborative working relationships with your colleagues.
- Demonstrate you have a working knowledge and skill in using design spread sheets etc. as necessary and the ability to handle data appropriate to your role.
Workforce Manufacturing are responsible for thousands of temporary, temp-to-perm and permanent vacancies across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area and are likely to have an office right near you. Our team offer a unique service tailored to match your precise needs, and can assist you with the following job categories, Quality Engineers, Design Engineers, Project Managers and Production Mangers . We are always on the lookout for the best talent, so if you know anyone please do get in touch