Salary: 20-21 ph
Contract Type: perm
Job Type: fulltime
Engineering,Manufacturing & Production
Posted 1 minute ago
A position has become available for a skilled sheet metal worker in Birmingham for a high-end Automotive engineering company
Job: Sheet Metal Worker
Hours: 40 hours per week Monday to Friday (Days)
Duration: straight permanent position
We are looking for an additional, skilled, Sheet Metal Worker to join our team who has worked in the Automotive Industry.
Day to day duties
* Examine drawings and specifications to assess job requirements.
* Use templates, measuring instruments and tools to mark out and reference points.
* Uses hand or machine tools to bend, roll, fold, press or jig chase sheet metal.
* Checks final product to ensure conformity with specifications.
* Finishes product by grinding, filing, cleaning, and polishing.
* Ensure all gauges, fixtures and visual aids are kept clean and in good condition, reporting any damage and/or corrective actions.
* Adherence to company product quality standards.
Requirements for this position
* Production and Processing – Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
* Dependability – Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
* Attention to Detail – Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
* Maintains clean and orderly workspace.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Work on your own initiative within a busy workshop environment, most projects are within the Automotive Industries so attention to detail and an eye for quality are essential.
* Will need to provide Proof of prior qualifications and experience
Workforce Manufacturing are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.