Salary: 30-35k pa +benefits
Contract Type: temp
Job Type: fulltime
PostCode: B19 3DP
Manufacturing & Production
Posted 1 minute ago
Job Title: Quality Engineer 9 month Contract
Salary: £30000 to £35000 PA
Hours: 08:00 to 17:00 Mon to Fri
Our client is an innovative organisation in a specialist defence related industry, they are looking for a flexible and adaptable Design Engineer to join their team. The candidate must be a UK national and will need to pass security vetting upon employment
What’s in it for you?
- Casual dress
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus scheme
- Quality assurance: 5 years (required)
- QMS: 5 years (required)
- The Quality Engineer (QE) supports the Quality Manager (and quality department at large) in ensuring business compliance to appropriate regulatory and legal requirements. The quality engineer will ensure that all processes and procedures are aligned to the internal / external standards applicable, this will also include the requirement to conduct internal audit schedules as required.
- Within a production environment the QE is also the primary facilitator of route cause corrective action driven investigations utilizing standard tools such as 8D and associated problem-solving techniques (5 why, Ishikawa etc). The QE will also ensure that FAI requirements are met when industrializing new jobs including the creation of FAI packs where needed, working in conjunction with Manufacturing Engineering (ME). QE’s will also be involved in the creation of inspection methods for more complex work, again working closely with ME.
- From a customer perspective the QE will actively engage with a customer in relation to received complaints and will ensure the route cause corrective actions are put in place and effectively communicated to the customer (supplying any required data / evidence where needed)
- In relation to the supply chain the QE will be required to maintain relevant ATI approval authority for supply chain so as to advice operations and ME of appropriate / approved supply chain routes.
- Essential Functions (other duties may be assigned)
- · Conduct internal audit in accordance with the schedule.
- · Perform incoming inventory verification and loading into ERP system.
- · Facilitate route cause corrective actions as a response to issues arising from internal / external non-conformance.
- · Collate quality related KPI data and report as required internally.
- · Advise and support on the most appropriate inspection methods and techniques including validation of sample inspection plans.
- · Point of contact for resolution of customer quality complaints, and facilitator of replies to customer.
- · Support supply chain quality activity, ensuring that necessary compliance in place and escalate risks identified.
- · Co-ordinate external rejects to ATI supply chain and ensure that appropriate responses are received (and actions in place).
- Education Required
- Associates Degree
- Experience Required
- 5 Years
- Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
- Contract length: 9 months
- Salary: £30,000.00-£35,000.00 per year
Workforce Manufacturing are responsible for thousands of temporary, temp-to-perm and permanent vacancies across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area and are likely to have an office right near you. Our team offer a unique service tailored to match your precise needs, and can assist you with the following job categories, Quality Engineers, Design Engineers, Project Managers and Production Mangers . We are always on the lookout for the best talent, so if you know anyone please do get in touch