Salary: £30,000 plus. Negotiable for the right candidate.
Contract Type: perm
Job Type: fulltime
PostCode: B97 4SP
Posted 1 minute ago
Job Title: Production Manager
Shift: 40 hours weekly. Monday to Thursday – 7.30am to 4.45pm with an early close of 12.30pm on Fridays.
Pay: £30,000 plus. Negotiable for the right candidate.
Are you an Experienced Sheet Metal Fabricator looking to progress into a new role as a Production Manager?
We are a small, family-owned Company, specializing in sheet metal fabrication and have an exciting position available, where you can be very much “hands on” whilst having the opportunity to progress and develop your management expertise.
The Company, well established within the Fabricating industry, has an opportunity for a Production Manager to join the small team being responsible for managing the day-to-day operation of the factory.
- Manage the overall day-to-day operation of the factory.
- Implementing the production schedule and ensuring all orders are completed by the agreed deadline.
- Ensuring all equipment is working safely and is correctly maintained to company standards.
- Stock control and material ordering.
- Monitoring and improving productivity rates and product quality.
- Identify cost savings in production processes.
- Building, training and managing the production team.
- Fabrication experience with the ability to work from technical drawings to close tolerances.
- Sheet metal background working with Galv, Plastisol, Mild and Stainless Steels.
- Experience of processes to include Rolling, Folding, Cutting and Marking Out.
- Experience working to a high-quality finish on all the above materials.
- Ability to work well alone as well as part of a skilled team.
- Ability to time manage and work to a planned timescale.
- A “can do” attitude and be professional and helpful.
- Experience and a good working knowledge of the following machines is preferred:
3M Press Brake
3M x 6mm Guillotine
CNC Profile Cutting Plasma
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.