Contract Type: perm
Job Type: fulltime
Accounting & Finance
Posted 1 minute ago
Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm
25 days plus bank holidays
Our client is a leading provider within their field established for over 30 years. You will be based at their Head office providing full support controlling the end to end payroll function providing reporting to the payroll controller. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an organisation that is going through a rapid period of growth. As the Payroll Officer you will maintain and review weekly and monthly payroll for both group and it subsidiaries, you will ensure the timely and accurate input of all payroll information. You will ensure that compliance is second to none and will strive to achieve zero error run rate on monthly payroll submissions.
- Support the payroll process end to end payroll running payroll monthly for 500 employees and to also control the contract payroll as and when required.
- To Ensure all payrolls are processed in a timely manner
- Ensuring Payroll data is recorded & software is maintained to legislative requirements
- You will be the first point of contact for all payroll queries, HMRC enquiries, general tax queries and pension queries.
- Prepare & process Tax Year End, P60s and P45s where appropriate.
- Produce Payroll and HR analyse trends reporting to head of finance.
- Processing statutory deductions – SMP, SPP, SSP, NI, PAYE
- Managing auto enrolment pensions.
- Helping to Implement changes to Terms and conditions
- Other HR related task, depending on business needs.
We want to speak with candidates who hold at least 3 years’ experience as a payroll officer, payroll senior specialist.
Experience of Sage is essential.
Must have knowledge of HR policies and procedure
Payroll Qualified- CIPP
Qualified by experience
Previous experience and skills:
Good telephone manner
Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
Methodical approach to work
Strong attention to detail
Knowledge of Sage Accounts & Microsoft Office
Workforce Accountancy & Finance are responsible for thousands of temporary, temp-to-perm and permanent vacancies across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area and are likely to have an office right near you. Our team offer a unique service tailored to match your precise needs, and can assist you with the following job categories, Sales & Purchase Ledger, Accounts Assistant, Bookkeeper, Credit Control, Payroll, Accountant, Finance Analysts. We are always on the lookout for the best talent, so if you know anyone please do get in touch.