Salary: £35k + 25% shift allowance (OTE £43,750)
Contract Type: perm
Job Type: fulltime
Engineering,Manufacturing & Production
Posted 1 minute ago
Job Title: Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Shift: 06:00-14:00 Mon to Fri (week 1) / 14:00-22:00 Mon to Fri (week 2)
Salary banding: £35k + 25% shift allowance (OTE £43,750)
Main purpose of job:
To keep production machinery and equipment fully operational and carry out general site maintenance in accordance with TPM systems and business requirements and manage building services systems.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in the upkeep and maintenance of all operational equipment whilst maintaining safe working practices responding to issues in a timely manner.
- Responsible for reactive breakdown repairs and adhere to the Planned Preventative Maintenance schedule.
- Fault Diagnosis and Repair of a wide variety of Electrical and Mechanical Systems including Invertor Drives, PLC’s, PSU’s, Conveyors,
- Carry out routine maintenance to all plant and services whilst maintaining accurate record keeping.
- Assist in the management of Health and Safety, Environmental and Company policies in compliance with current regulations and legislation.
- Assist in current and future projects including introduction of Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Carry out any other reasonable request from employer.
- Working knowledge and operation of all building services systems including refrigeration, fire alarm, fire sprinkler systems, air handling systems, air conditioning and computerized Building Management System.
Hands on as the business dictates, working under pressure within a fast paced 24/7 environment. Comfortable working within chilled or ambient environments and working at heights. Working shifts and/or weekends as required and at times as the sole engineer on site.
- Experienced multi-skilled engineer able to fault find electrical systems and control circuits.
- Engineering experience within a Food or Automotive fast paced facility who can manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritise accordingly.
- Strong knowledge of electrical distribution and control systems, fully conversant reading all engineering drawings both electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics. Ideally IEE qualified to 17/18th edition wiring Regulations
- Previous experience programming and fault-finding on PLC’s, Invertor Drive Controls, HMI’s and other logic systems.
- Instrumentation and building management control systems.
- Experienced working with 3 phase electrical systems, DC control circuits and safety circuits.
- Hold recognised engineering qualifications to HNC standard.
- Ability to read both mechanical and electrical schematic drawings to component level and fault find accordingly.
- Excellent mechanical skills to include fabrication, welding, motor repairs, gearbox repairs and plumbing.
- Experience working within a foundry environment
- Recognised engineering qualifications to HNC or equivalent.
- IEE 17/18th Edition.
- Desirable: MEWP Trained, FLT Trained, IOSH/NEBOSH Certified, Food Safety.
- Good communication skills, task-focused, used to working within a team of technicians where job handovers and pick-ups occur on a regular basis.
- Able to work without supervision making correct decisions quickly.
- Passion for high quality work and Right First Time approach.
- Demonstrate Proactive approach and can manage own time effectively.
- Demonstrate a logical approach to all fault diagnosis.
- Computer literate to include Microsoft Office, Building Management Systems.
Workforce Manufacturing are responsible for thousands of Permanent & Contract vacancies all throughout the Midlands. Operating from several prime locations, you can be sure we have an office near you. The manufacturing team offers a specialist service that can be tailored to match your precise needs. Assisting with the following job categories; Maintenance Engineers, Field Service Engineers, Facility Engineers, Installation Engineers, Mechanical Fitters, Electrical Fitters, Control Engineers, HGV Mechanics and Plant Fitters. We are always on the lookout for the best talent so please get in touch if either yourself or someone you know is looking. – firstname.lastname@example.org or 01527 390032