Salary: £33500 + Allowance (£41,875)
Contract Type: perm
Job Type: fulltime
Town: West Bromwich
Engineering,Manufacturing & Production
Posted 1 minute ago
Job Title: Multiskilled Maintenance Engineer
Base Salary – £33,500 plus 25% SHIFT ALLOWANCE (OTE £41,875.00)
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
Shift: Night shift
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free parking
- Gym membership
- Health & wellbeing programme
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
Supplemental pay types:
- Yearly bonus
The maintenance engineer will be responsible for the continuous running of equipment and machinery, responding to breakdowns and completing planned maintenance.
This role is vital to the efficiency, development and progress of manufacturing and processing industries. Working with other professionals, the maintenance engineer will support the improvements of production facilities and new installations. Reduce the incidence of costly breakdowns and develop strategies to improve overall reliability and safety of plant, personnel, and production processes.
- Use your specialist equipment knowledge to facilitate breakdown rectification & repair, as well as planned preventative maintenance, recording any adverse symptoms or trends.
- Rectify engineering breakdowns and offer essential technical support.
- Provide extensive electrical and mechanical fault diagnosis
- Work as part of the engineering team to promote best practice and give continuous & sustained reliability to production.
- Be working towards and achieve agreed performance criteria as part of the departmental and site KPI’s.
- Undertake allocated and preventative maintenance work completing to the highest standards, as scheduled within given time frames, whilst maintaining accurate records of all maintenance actions.
- To respond to and assist with breakdown/emergency situations on any items of plant or equipment as necessary (possible call out)
- Use hand tools and equipment correctly and safely for carrying out maintenance activities.
- Use measuring equipment and instruments for installation or modification of plants and equipment and for calibration of plants, equipment and controls as necessary.
- Use the correct handling techniques when handling material and equipment.
- Report any malfunctions of plant or equipment.
- Maintain the work area in a clean, tidy and safe condition at all times.
- Liaise with all internal and external client departments and customers;
- Maintain all plant and equipment maintenance records up to date.
- Fitting new parts
- Fire alarm testing
- Fixing faults or arranging for replacements to be installed
- Keeping production managers informed of progress
- Making scheduled checks on machinery and parts
- Oiling and cleaning machinery and parts
- Overhauling and replacing parts according to schedule
- Candidate Specification:
Essential Education & Qualifications
- Qualified to NVQ Level 3 Electrical/ Mechanical.
- Electrical 17th or 18th Edition
- Time served in a mechanical and electrical discipline.
- Experienced in both mechanical and electrical fault diagnosis.
- Hydraulic and pneumatics.
- Knowledge of safe working practices.
- An understanding of engineering drawings and principles.
- Experience with robot cells/welding cells.
- Plastic injection moulding.
- Plastic extrusion moulding.
- Press experience.
- Rolling mills.
- PLC inputs/outputs