Salary: 45k pa
Contract Type: perm
Job Type: fulltime
Manufacturing & Production
Posted 1 minute ago
Job Title:Mechanical Design Engineer
Shift: Monday – Thursday 08:00am – 17:00pm and Fridays 8:00am – 14:00pm
Pay Rate: £45-50K P.A
A position has become available for an Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
This is a permanent position offering the following:
Our Client is looking for another Mechanical Design Engineer to our team. Reporting to the engineering
director, you will be bringing our customers’ automation aspirations to life, de-signing special purpose
machinery and working across a variety of industry sectors (predominantly in food and beverage and plastic
container handling) and working on some truly groundbreaking projects.
Working as part of a closely-knit team, you will be based in-house but should ex-pect occasional travel to our
customers’ sites – mainly around the UK, Ireland but also Europe and USA. You will be designing from scratch,
new solutions as single units but more often as part of larger / complete turnkey automation solutions.
We’re open to accepting applications from recent graduates through to those who have finely honed their
craft! What’s important is the energy and attitude you bring to the role. We’re busy and growing rapidly so
this is an exciting time to join us and work with a great bunch of people!
- A competitive salary, depending on experience
- Opportunity to earn spot bonuses/awards for outstanding contributions
- Contributory Pension Scheme (after probationary period)
- 21 days holiday per annum plus statutory holidays
- Additional holiday for long service
- Private Health Insurance for you, your partner and children (after probationary period)
- Cycle to work scheme (after probationary period)
- Great colleagues!
As a person you will need the following qualities and experience:
- Have a great attitude – divas need not apply!
- Hold a mechanical engineering degree / similar or minimum 3 years CAD Draughtsman experience
- Have good working knowledge of Autodesk Inventor / other Autodesk program’s
- Have a good eye for detail
- Self-starter with an inquisitive mind
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Be a great problem solver and be tenacious
- Be fluent in English (second language is a plus)
- Presentable and articulate
- Be eligible to work and live in the UK
- Design and development of new and existing components/products
- Conceptual Design
- Conceptualising new automation solutions
- Detailing existing designs
- Site layout design
- Producing BoMs to accompany all designs
- Project management
- Ownership of certain customers projects from conception, design, build, customer delight!
- Ensuring all projects are delivered to the highest possible standards and in a timely fashion
- Special purpose machinery design (ideally)
- Manufacturing industries / processes
- Liaising with customers/suppliers
- Working in 3D primarily (Autodesk Inventor)
Apply and we will be in touch.
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help