Salary: 23-25K PA
Contract Type: perm
Job Type: fulltime
Posted 1 minute ago
Job Title: Junior Mechanical Design Engineer
Shift: Day shift Working Hours: Monday – Thursday 8am – 4.30pm, Friday 8am – 3.30pm
Pay Rate: 23k to 25k PA
- Regenerate & Update old & new drawing formats on the CAD system database to standardise drawings where possible.
- Assist design team to improve and update existing designs to achieve the use of common components, improve quality and reduce assembly times and cost.
- Assist design team to create new products including grinding machines, sub-assemblies, fixtures, loading mechanisms and tooling.
- 3D CAD Modelling and Drafting on Autodesk Inventor creating drawings of manufactured components and castings.
- Preparation of documentation for manufacture and assembly i.e. drawings, bills of materials etc…
- Liaison with other departments internally within our company.
Knowledge and Skills.
- Good knowledge of 3D CAD Design packages, preferably Autodesk Inventor.
- Ability to read and understand the drawings.
- Knowledge of geometric and dimensional tolerances.
- Relevant qualification i.e., HNC, HND or Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Ability to work in a demanding environment providing accurate and timely output to a high standard.
Apply and we will be in touch.
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.