Salary: depending on shift
Contract Type: temp2perm
Job Type: fulltime
PostCode: WV12 4LF
Posted 1 minute ago
£18.28 per hour
Over time rates after 47.5 hours per week of £22.85 and enhanced rates on Saturday and Sunday. £22.85 + £27.42
The successful candidate will support expansion of workshops and manage fleet repairs in house.
Role & Responsibilities:
- To Inspect and maintain our HGV Fleet to comply with Legal & Company standards.
- Prepare vehicles for MOT Testing and transport to Test Centre.
- To record vehicle defects and keep accurate records of work carried out on each vehicle.
- Repair Minor Accident Damage.
- Carry out Fault Diagnosis.
- Actively seek solutions to problems.
- Provides excellent customer service at all times.
- Working with the following Equipment (vehicles, trailers, and ancillary equipment):
- Any 5 shifts out of 7, Flexibility required for all week days and weekend days.
Key skills & experience
- Relevant experience in a similar role is desirable
- Works well both independently and in a team
- Manages deadlines well and understands how to prioritise a workload
- A positive thinking and self-motivated individual
- An effective team member who works well on their own initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates an excellent attitude to work
- No more than 6 minor points on driving licence (No CDs, DDs, DRs or INs)
- Commercial experience on HGV’s is essential
- City & Guilds part 1 & 2 &3/ BTEC / IMI in motor vehicle management or equivalent practical experience in the commercial vehicle industry.
If you feel your experience suits this role, please apply.