Salary: Up to £30,000 DOE
Contract Type: perm
Job Type: fulltime
Administration & Secretarial
Posted 1 minute ago
Job title: Fleet Administrator
Location: Slough SL3
Salary: Up to £30,000 per annum – DOE
Hours: 8am – 5pm (flexible)
Our client, who is one of the leading Road Transport Companies, are looking for a dedicated and ambitious Fleet Administrator who will have the opportunity to grow into the role of an Office Manager.
Are you an organised, detail-oriented individual with a passion for Transport and a desire to step into a leadership role?
This unique opportunity will allow you to master the intricacies of a transportation operations while preparing you for a future leadership position.
As a Fleet Administrator, you should have experience in the following responsibilities:
- Route Planning: Efficiently plan and optimise transportation routes to maximise efficiency and minimize costs.
- Dispatch Coordination: Coordinate with drivers and dispatchers to ensure timely pickups and deliveries while maintaining clear communication.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate records of shipments, invoices, and other essential documents.
- Customer Service: Provide exceptional customer service by addressing inquiries, resolving issues, and maintaining strong client relationships.
- Safety Compliance: Ensure compliance with all safety regulations, including driver logs, vehicle inspections, and certifications.
- Inventory Management: Oversee inventory and warehouse management, ensuring accurate stock levels and organised storage.
- Reporting: Generate regular reports on transportation metrics and operational KPIs.
This position is part of our Office Manager Development, where you will receive mentorship and training to prepare you for a leadership role within the company. As you progress, you will gradually assume additional responsibilities such as:
- Team Leadership: Supervise and train junior staff members, fostering a collaborative and productive work environment.
- Office Operations: Oversee day-to-day office operations, including procurement, facilities management, and vendor relationships.
- Budget Management: Assist in budget preparation and cost control measures.
- Strategic Planning: Contribute to the development of long-term company strategies and goals.
- Process Improvement: Identify opportunities for process optimisation and efficiency enhancements.
The successful candidate will have:
- Knowledge of the fleet and transport management software
- Strong understanding of warehouse, fleet and transport
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office application
- Ability to manage comprehensive reviews
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals and schematics
- Understanding of warehouse methods, costs, and benefits
- Strong technical knowledge of vehicles, engines, and mechanical systems
- Numeracy accuracy
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills and management of third-party vendors/carriers
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong organisation skills and time management skills
- Ability to manage supervisory duties and performance review
- Leadership skills and ability to guide/mentor others
- Customer service orientation
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and demands
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Time management skills
Office Workforce are responsible for thousands of temporary, temp-to-perm and permanent vacancies across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area and are likely to have an office right near you. Our team offer a unique service tailored to match your precise needs, and can assist you with the following job categories, Clerical and Administration, Call Centre, Customer Services, Sales and Business Development, Secretarial and PA, Professional and Management. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.