Salary: 14.00 to £15.00ph
Contract Type: temp
Job Type: parttime
Accounting & Finance
Posted 1 minute ago
Temporary Assignment (Approx. 4 weeks)
£14.00 to £15.00 per hour
Location Coventry (CV1)
Hours 30 hours per week
9.00am to 3pm
We are proudly working with a very well-established service provider in Coventry. We are looking for a local experienced finance candidate who can join the business for a period of 4 weeks approx. This position would ideally be suited to someone who is immediately available. Someone who has had previous experience as a Finance Officer, available to provide immediate support to the finance team running the finance department temporarily. You will be required to support both the transactional and reporting side helping to produce the monthly management accounts and annual statutory accounts. You will be reporting to the Finance Manager in the day to day running of the finance team.
Duties to include
- Keep accurate records for all daily transactions such as journals, banking, and general reconciliation.
- To support the 4 weekly payroll run.
- Produce customer invoices and record payments and monitor accounts receivable, chasing up on payments where necessary
- Manage Accounts payable including checking supplier invoices against orders or/ and approvals received, check expense claim forms from staff and processing and then filing them.
- Be responsible for the weekly payment runs for suppliers and staff expenses.
- Be responsible for performing reconciliations for the business including banking and various nominal ledgers, taking all actions necessary to sort out reconciling items
- Help to ensure 3rd party databases are updated as appropriate
- Assisting staff and customers with enquiries which includes answering overflow of calls.
- Manage the ordering and distribution equipment for the organisation.
- Assist the Quality and Monitoring officer in collating data and producing reports on the reference performance (KPI’s)
- Any other duties to support the finance team
Skill set required
- General ledger skills
- Proficient Excel Skills
- Accounting Techniques
- Budgeting Skills
- Cash flow management
Software Usage Essential
3-5 Years’ experience in similar position.
Workforce Accountancy & Finance are responsible for thousands of temporary, temp-to-perm and permanent vacancies across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area and are likely to have an office right near you. Our team offer a unique service tailored to match your precise needs, and can assist you with the following job categories, Sales & Purchase Ledger, Accounts Assistant, Bookkeeper, Credit Control, Payroll, Accountant, Finance Analysts. We are always on the lookout for the best talent, so if you know anyone please do get in touch.