Salary: 35k pa
Contract Type: perm
Job Type: fulltime
Manufacturing & Production
Posted 1 minute ago
Job Title: Toolmaker
Salary: £35k pa
Hours: 7:30 to 16:30 Mon to Fri
Our Client Is looking for an estimator with a shopfitting back ground you will be responsible for accurately assessing the costs, resources, and time required for projects within your designated field. You will collaborate with various teams, such as project managers, engineers, architects, and procurement specialists, to ensure accurate and competitive project bids. Your role will involve analysing project documents, conducting site visits, consulting with suppliers, and utilizing industry-standard software to generate detailed estimates.
What’s in it for you?
- Reputable Company
- 25 days plus Bank holidays
- Proven experience as an estimator in a relevant industry (shopfitting ).
- Proficiency in using industry-standard estimating software and tools.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills for collaboration with multidisciplinary teams and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of construction methods, materials, and industry best practices.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings, blueprints, and specifications.
- Time management skills to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Problem-solving abilities to address challenges and unexpected changes in project scope.
- Familiarity with local building codes, regulations, and standards (if applicable).
- Review and analyze project specifications, drawings, and other relevant documents to understand project requirements.
- Conduct site visits and assessments to gather data for accurate estimations.
- Utilize industry-specific software and tools to create detailed cost estimates, including materials, labour, equipment, and overhead.
- Research and source materials and services from suppliers, subcontractors, and vendors to obtain accurate pricing.
- Evaluate and compare supplier/subcontractor quotes to ensure competitiveness and quality.
- Prepare and present cost estimates, budgets, and proposals to internal teams, clients, and stakeholders.
- Assist in value engineering efforts to suggest cost-effective alternatives without compromising quality.
- Collaborate with project managers to refine project plans and budgets based on estimations.
- Maintain accurate and organized records of project estimates, bids, and related documentation.
- Monitor industry trends and market conditions to stay up to date with material and labour costs.
- Participate in post-project analysis to assess the accuracy of estimates and identify areas for improvement.
Continuously enhance and update estimating techniques, processes, and databases.
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions.
We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!
We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help