Salary: 28-35k pa + benefits
Contract Type: perm
Job Type: fulltime
Manufacturing & Production
Posted 1 minute ago
Job Title: Development Engineer
Salary: 28k to 35k PA
To design/develop new products and maintain the designs, drawings and product documentation of existing group products within a small team dedicated to continual development of the company’s products. Designing with adherence to legal compliance of machinery and associated adherence to health and safety legislation.
What’s in it for you?
- Reputable Company
- 34 Days Holiday
- Hours 7:30-16:00 Mon to Thurs 07:30 -13;30 Fri
- New product developments – create, draw and contribute concept ideas for new products and for existing product improvements. Generate creative ideas/solutions, and work with those of others, to move the company’s products forward. Deliver successful new product developments on time and on budget. Adherence to the company’s product development procedures and completion of required documents. General arrangement and detail drawings in AutoCAD/ Solid works. Adherence to agreed timescales and budgets
- Prototype manufacture and testing – to arrange manufacture of prototypes through the in-house factory or external suppliers and be present and instrumental in their build and test. This will involve yourself and/or colleagues undertaking/assisting in prototype builds and first off production units
- Supporting contract designers – at peak times the Contracts Designers may need some support by taking on some drawing / design activities. This may also be non-project-based work which is prioritized by Management. The same level of care and attention must be given to all design
- Testing – CAD work to fulfil company sales contract deliveries and site visits as required to fulfil the expectations of the design role
- Progress reports – to complete information as required for each project’s progress in terms of both technical and financial measures. To be submitted as requested.
- Product documentation – Creation and maintenance of product manuals / technical documentation as required to keep these in line with the current product’s status
- Technical resource – to fully understand the new products created and have a good understanding of existing ones such that you are a resource the business can go to for technical information and product application advice. Interacting with Sales when supporting new product adoption and to gain market feedback
- Standard drawings control – issuing new drawings and controlling changes to current standard drawings through the companies New Drawing Issue and Drawing Change Note procedures.
- Sales Support – to support the adoption and sales of any new products developed. It may be required to produce and present supporting presentations and / or 2D or 3D cad blocks
- Site visits – it will be expected to make the occasional site visit to either gain information on product requirements or competitors’ products or to support recently launched products to resolve any ‘teething troubles and feedback improvements back into the designs.
- Mechanical Engineering qualification (HNC or above)
- Minimum 2 years engineering design experience
- CAD experience (AutoCAD and SolidWorks) and able to produce drawings and CAD models of existing and new products
- Of benefit to this role would be, practical assembly skills, an appreciation of the production processes and capabilities used in the production of the company’s products and also of general maintenance and service requirements of conveyors and associated material handling equipment
- Driving license
- Good attention to detail
- Good time management
- Use of initiative
- Strong work ethic
Workforce Manufacturing are responsible for thousands of temporary, temp-to-perm and permanent vacancies across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area and are likely to have an office right near you. Our team offer a unique service tailored to match your precise needs, and can assist you with the following job categories, Quality Engineers, Design Engineers, Project Managers and Production Mangers . We are always on the lookout for the best talent, so if you know anyone please do get in touch