Contract Type: perm
Job Type: fulltime
PostCode: WV12 4HL
Industrial,Automotive,Engineering,Manufacturing & Production
Posted 1 minute ago
Position – CNC Turner Programmer, Setter, Operator
Location – Willenhall, West Midlands
Salary – £35,000 – £40,000
An innovative organisation in a specialist defence related industry is looking for a CNC Programmer, Setter, Operator to join their team. The candidate must be a UK national and will need to pass security vetting upon employment.
The successful candidate will be a highly skilled professional, time-served in a CNC Programmer, Setter, Operator role to safely and accurately to perform a variety of functions including turning and milling. You must be able to work with great concentration and precision, with a keen eye for detail and great mechanical aptitude. The goal is to produce high quality parts and materials by programming machines to perform the right operations.
* Proven experience as CNC Turner Programmer, Setter, Operator
* Skill in operating CNC machinery and tooling as well as precision measurement tools
* Ability to read and interpret mechanical documents and drawings
* Computer literate with an understanding of computer programming and CAD/CAM
* Mechanical aptitude and good math skills, with a keen eye for detail and results-driven approach
* Good communication abilities
* Ability to work as part of a small team
* Experience of HAAS / Fanuc programming.
* Prepare and operate CNC machines to perform tasks such as drilling and milling.
* Understand specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading engineering drawings, mechanical drawings and translate instructions into computer commands so the machines can perform the correct function
* Prepare a test run to check if the machines produce outputs according to specifications
* Supervise the machines while they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to produce a better result and inspect and measure finished products to determine if the process has been completed properly
* Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality
Preferably 5+ years in an engineering/manufacturing environment.
Computer programming and CAD/CAM
Mechanical aptitude and good math skills
Certificate or diploma in engineering
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.