Contract Type: perm
Job Type: fulltime
Industrial,Engineering,Manufacturing & Production
Posted 1 minute ago
CNC Production Manager
Hours: Days 8am – 5pm (1pm finish on Friday)
To support operations of Unit 2. Receive Work schedule and push through the facility coordinating with supervisor on progress and support needed. Ensuring that the contract review has been carried out and all necessary tooling, Fixturing, gauges, Programming and material is available. Providing regular communications with customers, including communicating any problems or delays to their orders.
- Working closely with the Machining Works Manager and Operations to effectively coordinate movement of product and available resources to ensure the On-Time Delivery targets are met.
- Making sure that the work is at the correct station and moving throughout the factory.
- Liaising with Engineering on any potential change of route.
- Liaising with Subcon on status of work
- Liaising with Transport and goods in on deliveries
- Liaising directly with customers to update them on the status of their orders, providing a professional level of customer service
- Support, monitor and report on production performance and efficiencies, highlighting any variances to the Machining Works Manager, including daily updates to the Production Tracker spreadsheet
- Support with control measures to ensure finished product quality is as it should be to improve RFT. OTIF and OEE
- Support with operational issues and problems, deferring to the Machining Works Manager where necessary.
- Support quality clinics to help conduct through quality investigations NCR support
- Deliver and drive effective internal communication to the team.
- Compliance with all company Health and Safety procedures thus ensuring the health, safety and welfare of all persons in their charge and others who may be affected by their activities for which they are responsible, and to demonstrate a commitment to health and safety.
The ideal candidate will know:
- Knowledge of production planning techniques
- CNC Machining and metal fabrications
- Demonstrable knowledge of ISO9001 & AS9100 standards
- Computer literate, particularly MS Excel and outlook
- Lean Manufacturing including visual management
- Programming on CNC Mills
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 3 years career experience in a Engineering and Manufacturing environment
- Engineering Degree / HND / HNC (desirable)
- Experience in a precision machining environment (desirable)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including speaking with customers
- Maths and English GCSE C grade or equivalent
- Lean Manufacturing qualifications
- Permanent contract for highly reputable company
- Established long-term contracts
- 33 days holiday, death in service benefit, 5% matched pension.
- Competitive rate of pay
- Do you have the experience? The company welcome a site visit to ensure you are happy with the role, the environment and the people you will work with.
- If you would like to speak to someone regarding being booked on a site visit then please contact Daniel Waite on 07799 588461 for more information or send an email to email@example.com
- Immediate starts are available!
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.