Contract Type: perm
Job Type: fulltime
PostCode: WV12 4HL
Industrial,Engineering,Manufacturing & Production
Posted 1 minute ago
Position – CNC Production Engineer
Location – Willenhall, West Midlands
Salary – dependent on experience
Days – Monday to Friday 37.5 hours
The Background and Role
An innovative organisation in a specialist defence related industry is looking for a CNC Production Engineer to join their team. The candidate must be a UK national and will need to pass security vetting upon employment.
The successful candidate will be a highly skilled professional, time-served in a CNC Production role to safely and accurately to perform a variety of functions. Working alongside the CNC Planning and Programming Engineer, you must be able to work with great concentration and precision, with a keen eye for detail and great mechanical aptitude to meet the demands of the customer projects in the timescale agreed.
Primary Job Function;
Use key skills in the development, manufacture, testing and support of the Company’s projects and development demands in a quick and efficient manner to ensure our customers’ tight timescales are met.
• Proven experience as CNC Production Engineer
• Full understanding of operating CNC machinery and tooling as well as precision measurement tools and ability to read project blueprints and drawings
• Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of metal cutting, turning and milling/drilling.
• Computer literate with an understanding of computer programming and CAD/CAM.
• Mechanical aptitude and good math skills, with a keen eye for detail.
• Good communication abilities
• Ability to work as part of a small, specialised team and flexibility with an open attitude.
• Capable of effective prioritisation of tasks and personal time management
• Able to work unsupervised and prioritise their own time and activities.
• Experience of HAAS CNC Machines
• Prepare the Operation Sheets as part of the planning to make individual parts from drawings supplied,
• Order the tooling required to make the parts for the forthcoming projects.
• Design the fixtures.
• Order the materials required for the tasks planned.
• Produce and maintain a plan for all the parts that have to be manufactured to ensure they are produced within the timescale allocated.
• Monitor the Setter-Operators to ensure they have all tooling etc and no parts required are running short.
• Liaise with all supervisors, engineers, and CNC machinists to meet customer/workshop needs.
Preferably 5+ years in an engineering/manufacturing environment.
Education/Qualifications Required – Candidate should be Apprenticeship Trained and Ideally qualified to HNC/D in Manufacturing or Mechanical and Production Engineering or to a minimum of ONC/D in Manufacturing or Mechanical and Production Engineering.
Computer programming and CAD/CAM Mechanical aptitude and good math skills preferable.
• Do you have the experience? The company welcome a site visit to ensure you are happy with the role, the environment and the people you will work with!
• If you would like to speak to someone regarding being booking an interview then please contact Daniel Waite on 07799 588461 for more information or send an email to email@example.com
• Immediate starts are available!
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.