Contract Type: perm
Job Type: fulltime
PostCode: WV12 4HL
Industrial,Engineering,Manufacturing & Production
Posted 1 minute ago
Position – CNC Planning & Programming Engineer
Location – Willenhall, West Midlands
Salary – dependent on experience
Days based – 37.5 hours Monday – Friday
The Background and Role
An innovative organisation in a specialist defence related industry is looking for a CNC Planning and Programming Engineer to join their team. The candidate must be a UK national and will need to pass security vetting upon employment.
The successful candidate will be a highly skilled professional, time-served in a CNC Planning and Programming role to safely and accurately to perform a variety of functions. You must be able to work with great concentration and precision, with a keen eye for detail and great mechanical aptitude. The goal is to produce high quality parts and materials by planning and programming machines to perform the right operations.
Primary Job Function;
Use key skills in the development, manufacture, testing and support of the Company’s projects and development demands in a quick and efficient manner to ensure our customers’ tight timescales are met.
• Proven experience as CNC Planner and Programmer
• Skill in operating CNC machinery and tooling as well as precision measurement tools
• Ability to read and interpret mechanical documents and drawings and interpreting project blueprints, designing programs, and creating devices to produce the desired product
• Write, develop, validate, and debug numerical control programs and provide the supporting documentation for 3, 4, and 5 axis CNC Mills and Lathes.
• Computer literate with an understanding of computer programming and CAD/CAM.
• Mechanical aptitude and good math skills, with a keen eye for detail and results-driven approach
• Good communication abilities
• Ability to work as part of a small specialised team.
• Experience of HAAS CNC Central System programming.
• Prepare and plan how to make individual parts from drawings supplied,
• Specify the tooling required to make the parts.
• Programme the CNC machines to perform the task of producing the part.
• Understand specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading engineering drawings, mechanical drawings and translate instructions into computer commands so the machines can perform the correct function.
• Prepare a test run to check if the machines produce outputs according to specifications.
• Supervise the machines while they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to produce a better result and inspect and measure finished products to determine if the process has been completed properly.
• Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality.
• Collaborate with all supervisors, engineers, and CNC machinists to meet customer/workshop needs.
Preferably 5+ years in an engineering/manufacturing environment.
Education/Qualifications Required – Candidate should be Apprenticeship Trained and Ideally qualified to HNC/D in Manufacturing or Mechanical and Production Engineering or to a minimum of ONC/D in Manufacturing or Mechanical and Production Engineering.
Computer programming and CAD/CAM Mechanical aptitude and good math skills preferable
• Do you have the experience? The company welcome a site visit to ensure you are happy with the role, the environment and the people you will work with!
• If you would like to speak to someone regarding being booking an interview then please contact Daniel Waite on 07799 588461 for more information or send an email to email@example.com
• Immediate starts are available!
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.