Salary: per annum
Contract Type: perm
Job Type: fulltime
PostCode: DY9 8LG
Logistics & Transportation
Posted 1 minute ago
£30,000 – £40,000 D.O.E
Our client, a leader in advanced materials science and engineering of ceramics, carbon and composites. They operate in a series of well-defined markets where their applications expertise offers customers a valuable differentiator, engineering high-specification materials, components and sub-assembly parts that solve their challenging technical problems.
As the Category Buyer, you will support the Procurement function service of internal customers by offering a pro-active approach to obtaining goods & services required. Attention to detail is key: ensuring all goods and services are procured at the right cost, quality, quantity and from the right sources. This is a career growth opportunity!
• Negotiate the best total cost solutions for the categories under your responsibility
• Drive & deliver total cost savings in line with the departmental objectives & targets
• Lead tactical category procurement projects (engaging with internal customers):
• Identify opportunities
• Run tender process
• Analyse the benefit
• Make recommendations
• Implement and deliver the benefit.
• Support supplier rationalisation programme and source and identify best total cost suppliers where required
• Dealing with non-conformance forms
• Quarterly reviews with suppliers
• Supplier audits – medium risk, medium value suppliers
• Setting up & maintaining part numbers
• Support Procurement Manager on data gathering for strategic projects
The ideal candidate will have experience in a procurement role and be able to demonstrate the ability to negotiate total cost solutions.
• Strong English communications, Maths and MS Office skills specifically in Excel is required.
• Level 4 CIPS or willingness to study for CIPS beneficial
• Experience in management of categories
• Understanding of Procurement Processes
• Knowledge of IFS or Procurement Systems
• Ability to use Excel to analyse data to identify opportunities
• Strong negotiate skills (internally & externally)
• Excellent communication skills at all levels internally and externally
• Ability to build good working relationships with suppliers & internal customers
• Performance driven, responsive, confident and self-motivated with a strategic approach to problem solving
• Capable of prioritising workload to ensure tight deadlines are met
• Pro-active and ‘can-do’ attitude with the ability to work in a fast pace, changing environment
Logistics & Supply Chain Workforce are responsible for placing thousands of dedicated professionals out to work across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area, and are likely to have an office right near you. Job categories include; Food Production, Food Processing, Warehouse, distribution and Planning. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.