Salary: £38,000 per annum
Contract Type: perm
Job Type: fulltime
Procurement & Trade
Posted 1 minute ago
Droitwich ( Hybrid once probation completed)
Monday – Thursday 8:30am – 5:00pm, Friday 8:30am – 3:30pm
- Develop the commodity strategy in line with Departmental Business strategies and company policies.
- Implement the strategy and monitor the progress to ensure achieving cost down targets are achieved.
- Meet the time-bound target for New projects – coordinate to work efficiently and effectively with internal colleagues and suppliers.
- Develop and issue RFQ and evaluate open book quotations by making detailed comparisons between suppliers.
- Identify the areas of non-compliance between submitted quotations and Koito drawings/specifications
- Review the drawings to closely monitor any design changes and ensure that suppliers are fully aware of these changes in time and log/record all cost implications where applicable.
- Manage the project/your area of responsibility in line with industrial/customer/Koito new project processes including PPAP, delivery of trial parts, packing approval, ramp-up stock levels and hand-over.
- Negotiate with internal customers and/or suppliers in terms of contractual agreement or QCD agreement to secure the better deal to create positive impact profitability
- Maintain the regular contact with current/potential suppliers to develop/maintain commercially competitive business partnership – which includes visiting the supplier site for auditing of processes/commercial review.
- Monitor and assess any commercial risks in relation to existing suppliers and sub-suppliers.
- Communicate the progress of projects/tasks with team weekly basis and identify & assess the commercial supply risk with possible solution/countermeasure.
- Work with the supplier systems, ensuring that the relevant KPI measures are in place and regularly reviewed on all suppliers within your area of responsibility.
- Work closely with others within the department, making a positive contribution to good team working and idea generation.
- To maintain and further develop departmental procedures and work instructions to ensure compliance with IATF16949. Support to ensure company adherence to legislation / compliance and specific customer request.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Fully or partially qualified with CIPS (or studying towards CIPS) – Business or Engineering degree is advantageous.
- Minimum hands-on experience in Production/Manufacturing environment for 5 years. Automotive industry and/or other highly technical industry which involves technical drawings or data is desirable.
- Experience to work in a fast paced / dynamic environment.
- Hands-on negotiation skill for better terms for commercial benefits.
- Hands-on supplier audit & quotation analysis skill
- Hands-on experience in supplier site audit in high volume production is advantageous.
- Knowledge and/or experience in Lean Manufacturing practice such as TPS, JIT, 5S is advantageous.
- Experience in supplier management
- Experience in Purchasing Electronic components
- Knowledge for manufacturing process of Electronics (Print Base Assy)
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively with teams
- Good IT skills including power point, excel and word
- Experience of working within a Tier 1 Automotive environment
- Knowledge and/or experience in IATF16949, ISO9001, ISO 14001 & ISO26262 is advantageous
- Knowledge of REACH/IMDS/PPAP is advantageous