Salary: per annum
Contract Type: perm
Job Type: fulltime
Posted 1 minute ago
£30,000 – £36,000 D.O.E
The working hours are 08:15 to 16:45 Monday to Thursday, and 08:15 to 15:30 on Friday, with a 45 minutes lunch break each day.
To ensure an uninterrupted supply of material, and purchased components, to Production and Spares Departments, within approved inventory limits and at the most economic price consistent with supplier service and technical reliability.
- Identifying production and spare parts requirements, collaborating with Suppliers in establishing or improving sources or terms of supply.
- Supplier and technical liaison.
- Placing orders for Production purchases according to specified requirements driven via MRP system.
- Placing orders for Spare parts purchases according to specified requirements driven via MRP system.
- Daily progress chasing of outstanding production and non-production orders with Suppliers
- Selection and management of suppliers
- Checking and resolving any inconsistencies on Supplier order confirmations
- Updating ERP system in relation to supplier information e.g. lead times, products, costs etc Confirmed Purchase Orders supplier agreements and quotations
- Liaising with other departments on availability of products, new products.
Will ideally have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
Will be able to read engineering drawings (a technical drawing qualification would be preferable)
Will be computer literate, with understanding of MRP systems and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Will have excellent communication skills, be enthusiastic, confident, able to work on own initiative and will demonstrate a professional and flexible approach to a busy Purchasing environment.