Salary: 24000 to 26000
Contract Type: perm
Job Type: fulltime
Accounting & Finance
Posted 1 minute ago
Job Title: Accounts Payable Clerk
Reporting to Treasury Manager
Salary: £24,000 to £26,000 pa Hours:
Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm (37.5hours)Location:
Marlow Duration: Permanent Role
Enhanced annual leave entitlement, starting at 31 days (including public holidays)Access to prestige benefits and rewards portal Long service rewards, both financial and leave based Health cash plan Life assurance scheme Career development opportunities Access to a well-established Employee Assistance And other excellent benefits you’d expect from a market leader.
We are delighted to be working with a national leading logistics firm, who are searching for a Accounts Payable Clerk to support the Accounts Payable and Treasury Manager. If you are an experienced candidate coming from a finance background , then we want to speak with you! You will be reporting to the Accounts Payable and Treasury Manager, the primary purpose of this role is to ensure that accounts payable transactions are carried out in a timely, highly accurate manner and ensure that invoices are paid within agreed company guidelines working with automated Purchase to Payment and Expenses systems.
Duties to include will be
- Inputting of purchase invoices – goods/services/expenses
- Ensuring that all invoices are received and paid on time according to company policies and agreed payment terms
- Setting up of new supplier accounts and maintaining existing account details
- Ensuring that all purchase ledger details are correct before processing to the purchase ledger
- Regular reconciliations of supplier statements to ensure that the ledgers are up to date, and accurate.
- Documenting and resolving any discrepancies and/or errors found during the processing of purchase invoices to the purchase ledger
- Liaising with suppliers regarding queries arising from the supplier statement reconciliations and other internal checks, ensuring credit is received for discrepancies agreed by suppliers.
- Responsible for collating payment runs via the bacs system
- Reviewing staff expenses ensuring all back-up and approvals are provided, and correctly coded before processing for payment in line with company policies
- Collation and filing of records and invoices in an orderly manner
- Being first point of contact for all relevant enquiries from suppliers, and internal customer
- Ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures taking into account legislative and regulatory responsibilities
- Generally assisting the Accounts Payable and Treasury Manager to ensure the integrity of the purchase ledger, involvement in projects impacting the area and/or other reasonable duties as requested
- A team player with a positive “can-do” attitude, hard-working and willing to learn
- A strong communicator with excellent telephone manner; able to gain commitment from suppliers and colleagues at all levels
- Able to plan and prioritise own work load to meet conflicting, varied and demanding deadlines
- Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information
IT literate – proficient in use of MS Office including advanced MS Excel skills e.g., pivot tables, v-look-ups and filters etc. Accurate data input skills Knowledge and experience of the purchase ledger cycle to include processing reconciliations and payments
Knowledge of financial accounting systems and staff expenses systems, e.g., Navision and Expense on Demand Experience to acquire the above skills, we would estimate that it would typically take between 2-3 years’ experience in a financial/accounting environment
Workforce Professional operate from several prime locations in the area and are likely to have an office right near you. Our team offer a unique service tailored to match your precise needs and can assist you with the following job roles: Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger, Accounts Assistant, Bookkeeper, Credit control, Payroll, Accountant, Finance Manager. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help