Contract Type: temp
Job Type: fulltime
Accounting & Finance
Posted 1 minute ago
Contract Type: FTC 6 months
Position: Assistant Accountant
Salary: £25,000 per annum
Shift: Monday to Friday 09:00 – 17:00pm
An excellent opportunity has arisen to work for a UK market leader based at their Droitwich office. Our client is a family run organisation that offers full support every step of the way and provides solutions that are tailor-made to meet their customer needs. They are looking for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join their busy and fast paced finance team on a Fixed terms basis for 6months.
We are interested in speaking with candidates who have previously supported SMEs in the past in finance, experience using SAGE 50 accounts. You will be working in a fast-paced environment, ideally you will be AAT level stage/QBE
Duties to include
- Matching of supplier purchase orders and delivery notes to invoices.
- Purchase ledger posting of invoices.
- Maintaining and controlling the business purchase ledger.
- Completion of supplier statement reconciliations for all large suppliers.
- Maintaining and controlling the systems and procedures relating to fitter invoices ensuring that fitters are paid in a timely manner, CIS rules are correctly applied, returns are made to HMRC, statements are provided to agents and payments are made to HMRC in accordance with CIS rules.
- Reviewing sales agreements received – agreeing amounts received receipt and preparing cashbook.
- Answering telephone calls and dealing with relevant queries.
- Reviewing and authorising banking daily.
- Assisting with the review and analysis of month end sales ledger balances– including review debtors to determine recoverability, matching credit balances to deposits recorded on the system and investigating any other credit balances.
- Completing monthly bank reconciliation, downloading and posting all bank transactions onto Sage accounts system – agreeing balance to reconciliation.
- Preparing Accruals and Prepayments
- Assisting with refunds relating to cancellations.
Experience & Skills
- Excellent communication skills and customer awareness with the ability to respond with a caring & empathetic approach
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines & targets
- Experience of Microsoft packages and Outlook
- Previous experience of dealing with customer complaints desirable
- Previous experience working within an engineering or installations industry desirable
- Construction industry CIS knowledge
- Good communication skills and teamwork abilities
- Ideally Part Qualified Accountant (AAT) or walking towards
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Prior experience in accounting or finance
Workforce Accountancy & Finance are responsible for thousands of temporary, temp-to-perm and permanent vacancies across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area and are likely to have an office right near you. Our team offer a unique service tailored to match your precise needs, and can assist you with the following job categories, Sales & Purchase Ledger, Accounts Assistant, Bookkeeper, Credit Control, Payroll, Accountant, Finance Analysts. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone please do get in touch.