As a recruitment firm working with thousands of candidates every year, we are delighted to announce that we have recently become an official partner of Stronger Together, a Government-led initiative which aims to reduce modern slavery.
Led by our Branch Operations director Trudy Harding, we have worked with Stronger Together for two years as part of a network of employers who stick together to erase the exploitation of workers – which includes issues such a forced labour, trafficking and other hidden problems.
These illegal practices are often run by gang masters who exploit workers by controlling their money, income and lifestyle. It has no place here in the UK as people who are lured to our shores with the promise of a better life are being denied basic rights.
Becoming an official partner cements our relationship and our commitment to helping provide our customers and stakeholders with guidance, training and resources.
With all businesses we work with, we take a serious and professional approach to ensuring that gang masters cannot profit from their crime. Five of those key steps include:
- Face-to-face interviews at registration – in-depth and detailed sessions which ensure no stone is left unturned in terms of how and why the candidate arrived in the country
- Company partners – only working with companies who are prepared to tick every box in terms of background checks and interviews
- Onsite checks – random spot checks on site as part of a zero-tolerance approach
- Police partnership – liaising closely with local constabularies to take immediate action if required
- Materials – background information, guidance for customers and a checklist of what behaviours to look out for
Over the coming months we will be giving further updates on our role and successes with Stronger Together. For further information please visit www.stronger2gether.org